Key Mathematics Programmes
- What are the key words?
- What is the question about?
- How would you describe the problem in your own words?
- What are the data given?
- What are the missing data?
- How to use the given data to find the missing data?
- Which strategy to use? Why?
- Use computation skills (4 operations)
- Use mathematical tools
- Use thinking skills
- Apply mathematical formulae
- Read the question again carefully
- Check that the answer is logical and accurate by estimating, substituting or working backwards
- Choose the right strategy
- Carry it Out
- Check the solution
CUBA @ YPS
Pupils also use CUBA to help them in the solving of word problems:
Circle the values
Underline the key words
Bracket the question
Primary 1 and Primary 2 pupils have an exciting and authentic learning experience through the Mathematics Carnival. They are engaged in the learning of Mathematics through a myriad of hands-on activities and real-life problem-solving scenarios.
|Using Math manipulatives||Pupils working collaboratively|
In the effort of making the learning of Mathematics more engaging and exciting, an ICT-infused Math & Science Trail is conducted for all Primary 3 pupils. During this interdisciplinary trail, pupils are given the opportunity to apply Mathematics concepts to solve problems outside the classroom. Hence, this learning experience gives them an opportunity to relate knowledge to reality. The trail also helps to build the pupils' social skills and promote team-building.